December 07, 2015

Yearly Tradition: The Swap Meet

I met up with my friends last weekend for our Christmas dinner and Swap Meet.
What's a swap meet? It's a barter of sorts and a really good way to declutter and get rid of things you don't really need with a chance that you get something good in return (if you have amazing friends like mine, you get really interesting things from the swap. I mean who gets Nars and Shu Uemura at a swapmeet? I do!). 

What usually happens at a swap meet? We set a schedule ahead of time and tell our friends what categories we plan to bring. It's usually make-up that doesn't fit our skin type, books and accessories we've outgrown, clothes and shoes that we bought that don't really fit that well, stickers, stationery, recycled gifts that we don't want to throw away. It can be anything as long as it's still functional! It's a fun activity. Just make sure you don't fight with your friends over anything.

I forgot to take a photo of my swap meet loot but I got a nude lipstick, a Mac Illuminator, a new Roxy Swimsuit, Burt's bees toner, a gold necklace and a bunch of rings to name a few.

Christmas Dinner and Beauty Loot Swap Meet with these Titas of Manila and one hot pregnant momma!

Our Swap Meet Venue: Todd's English Food Hall




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random