July 21, 2019

Random Thoughts on a winding road

I am currently strapped in on a bus making its way down a mountainside battling gravity. The ride is quite bumpy, with constant twists and sharp turns. The roads are covered in fog and the light darkness of early evening, the headlights pierce through this curtain of invisibility and disappear quickly into the distance. Inside the bus, the curtains are drawn and the space is filled with darkness save for the glow coming from my phone screen which lightly illuminates the sillhouette of the man sitting next to me. I look at him, sleeping soundly from exhaustion at the activities for the past two days. He wasn't quite young anymore, as evidenced by the need for sleep and to spend long hours in bed. But his joy at all the little things in life and his smile reminds me of childlike innocence and the joy of living this life. 

Before him, I dared to hope but never really fully believed it was possible that love would come so easy. That love could be both exhilirating and passionate and so unbelievably calm and right. Before him I didn't know what people meant when they say, home is not a place but a person. But here in this darkness, having him beside me, going down this road with its twists and sharp turns, I have never felt more sure that this was the kind of love that people have always hoped they'd find.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random