March 12, 2015

A Wedding in the Family at Tubkaak, Krabi, Thailand

I haven't seen my cousin in a couple of years. The last time we saw each other, she had just started dating a guy (now her lucky husband) and was gushing about him.

A few weeks shy of her birthday, my Aunt called. My cousin's boyfriend secretly asked permission for her hand in marriage. A few days later the whole family knew. On her birthday, he whisked her away to a vacation (with the help of her boss) and proposed.

Now here we all are in Krabi, Thailand enjoying a lovely and intimate beach dinner with the couple and thirty of their closest family and friends, sand beneath our toes, the love so palpable in the air.

Wedding Dinner at Tubkaak Beach Resort, Krabi, Thailand

The wedding was lovely. The bridesmaids were summoned to the bride's villa only to see this vision of a woman that was my cousin. 


When we were kids, we weren't the types who dreamed about what our weddings would look like. It felt so unfamiliar to me. I couldn't believe the girl I grew up with was going to be a Mrs. soon. But my cousin looked radiant and happy to be marrying the love of her life and that was all anyone really needed to know.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random