September 21, 2014

My new OPM Obsession: Maude Manila

After years of OPM abstinence, I decided one night to go to 12 Monkeys in Century City Mall to see Up Dharma Down. I've been a fan since my student DJ days at 97.1 (Back when it was still campus radio). They threw a welcome party for our batch and UDD played for us that night and we all left that place so captivated with their music and Armi's soulful eargasmic voice.

It was already 10pm and my friend was getting bored waiting for Up Dharma Down when a band came on stage and announced, "Hi we are Maude." They started playing and suddenly, the crowd was paying attention. Their music was so easy to listen to. I love that the lyrics are relatable and at times vividly poetic. The rhythms are catchy but never generic. And the vocals, real smooth and slick. It had just the right flavor.


Maude is Glenn Calingasan, Dane Policarpio and Luis Azcona

Luis Azcona, Glenn Calingasan, Mong Rodriguez, Dane Policarpio
photos from the terno recordings website


The guys are signed under Terno Recordings and their debut single Ride Your Car is so catchy, perfect for roadtrips or just car rides in general.


I've been listening to them non-stop on spotify, the entire album is worth listening to.




I'd reco the entire album but for starters try listening to Ride Your Car and Eve for upbeat happy tunes, Grab to wake you up, Smoke (my guilty pleasure), Sikreto if sexy and adulterous is your kind of thing, Takda and Habol for the masochists/romantics out there.

Acoustic version of Grab:

Oh and I stalked their social media accounts (you guys should too). These guys are funny and endearing and you'll appreciate them even more when you see the personalities behind the music.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Dane, thanks for dropping by. Keep making beautiful music, it's addictive. :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random