September 20, 2013

The Daily Workout

I'm at that phase where my metabolism is slowing down and I find myself burdened with a bloated belly after downing just two slices of pizza. Gone were the days when I could finish off half a box of Yellow Cab's 18 inch pizza and still have a flat tummy. I thought I'd be thin forever no matter what I ate so I never gave much thought to exercise.

When I started noticing that my metabolism was slowing down and my movements felt really sluggish. I went to Gold's Gym. All I did was attend their dance classes which I really enjoyed (Zumba, Belly Dance and Street Dance). But the commute is too time consuming and I felt like the membership fee was taking its toll on my pocket. I went for the cheaper alternative - youtube exercises which I can easily do at home.

THE TOOLS

The boyfriend got me a blue yoga mat, an exercise ball and a pair of blue 3lb dumbells from Toby's Sports which makes exercising at home so much easier.

I got the blue "Bigggest Loser" yoga mat!


For some reason, my brain associates the visual of my yoga mat with the happy feeling I get after working out so I always find myself getting up to do my workouts as soon as I lay eyes on the mat.



THE EXERCISES

I've been doing this 10 minute ab exercise 3-4 times a week. It doesn't get easier no matter how long you've been doing it (except for the side planks, those are my favorite).


This workout for the arms, I really like. It isn't too difficult either but you definitely feel the burn. I do this after the 10 minute ab workout.



This "Victoria's Secret: Runway Ready" workout, I really really hate because it made me realize how weak my legs are. Plus I find lunges really difficult let alone do reverse lunges. I only started this today but definitely need to keep doing it to work on my leg strength.


This is my favorite core exercise which I outgrew because I've been doing it for 2 months and it got boring so I switched to the other three workouts.



P.S. Don't forget to do stretching exercises before the workout and cool down exercises after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random