October 19, 2016

Football: Love at First Try

It was such a strange feeling to find something that feels so right.  I haven't been this excited since my radio DJ days. 

I've always been intimidated by football. It looked very difficult and required a certain skill set. I was afraid it was something that I might not have the patience for. I was scared to get hit by a ball and even more afraid to be laughed at.

What I didn't count on was enjoying it. I also didn't expect people to be so encouraging and helpful. I thought I would dread drills, i thought I would be embarassed to look like an idiot who knew nothing. Plot twist. I am having so much fun that I started to look forward to Mondays because it means I get to play and to learn. I've been researching videos on how the sport is played, researching on gear, which is something I have not done in years. I cannot say it enough but I'm really enjoying learning about football.

Photo by Easy Football PH, edited in Prisma

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random