September 06, 2015

Defying my own Definitions

Rules rules rules

I've always been the type to follow rules, definitions and socially accepted norms even if it meant compromising certain things I wanted to pursue. It was something ingrained so deeply within me and it has sustained me for a long time that I never questioned it. But lately, I've been finding that everything that used to make sense and everything that used to work for me no longer fits the person I've become. With all the big life changes that I went through in the past year, I had finally found the courage to, in small but continuous ways, step out of my safety bubble, follow my heart and my intuition and have that openness to expand my world and it has been so rewarding.

It hasn't been easy as it takes a considerable amount of conscious effort to not fall back into old comfortable routines and habits and an even greater amount of energy to overcome certain fears. I still make mistakes, but they are MY mistakes driven by my own choices and not out of fear of displeasing anyone else.

This takes me now to certain areas which I'm quite unsure how to approach. For instance, this blog. Blogging has evolved so much and it has become quite the tool to promote so many things including marketing yourself and creating your own brand. The most successful ones are those that have streamlined their content and categorized themselves and branded themselves so well (fashion, lifestyle, travel, food). I have been in awe and have so much respect for these well known bloggers who pump out content that are well-written, effective at getting their point and their brands across. I have been struggling to find that niche which is why I haven't written anything for a long time. But in the course of writing this, I've come to find that the reason I write blog entries is rather selfishly driven - to share a collection of my thoughts and my experiences and that's okay because it remains true to its purpose.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random