May 31, 2015

The Most Beautiful Thing I Have Seen in a Long Time

This will be one of my best memories of travelling to El Nido.

We recently had an event in Lagen Island, in El Nido, Palawan. But since the place was fully booked, we had to stay in Miniloc Island instead which is a 20 minute boat ride away. The event was going to end late at night and I was dreading the boat ride to Miniloc because my overactive imagination supplied me with images of creatures rising from high waves in the darkness. That and I couldn't swim. But sometimes, our biggest fears turn out to be the source of the most amazing fleeting moments we could ever have.

I was tightly clutching the rails in the speedboat as it cut through the waves in pitch black. We were making small talk to distract ourselves from the streaks of lightning that illuminated the surroundings from a small distance away. In an attempt to distract myself, I looked up and saw the most beautiful sky I have ever seen in my entire existence. It was dotted with stars and in the darkness, it looked so bright. I was in awe. I pointed this out to everyone and we all fell silent. Maybe this was what Coldplay was looking at when they wrote Sky Full of Stars. haha!

Inspiring moments happen when we least expect them.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random