October 14, 2016

How I met Jack

I remember what life was like before I met Jack. Life was good, i thought I had everything I'd ever need. I knew my limits and I never tested them.

Photo from the movie 500 Days of Summer


It was a weeknight, no different than all the others. A friend invited us to a party - some guy's birthday. The place was packed and we couldn't hear what anyone was saying so we danced in our own little corner until he arrived. I was with someone at the time but he was really smooth. I still remember the way he tasted on my lips. The rest of the night was a blur. 

It wasn't until a few months later that I would meet him again. A friend of a friend's graduation party. I ignored him when I walked in, but as the night wore on we got reacquainted. Still as smooth as the night we met. 

We'd meet up every so often. At parties, celebrating. At local haunts to unwind. In speakeasys and watering holes to nurse a broken heart. Sometimes I'd go months without him, forgetting he was there. He was an acquired taste. Other times I'd see him for days until we got tired of each other. It can be too much. 

These days, our meetings have become far and few in between. There are meetings to tend to, adult responsibilities that need to be sorted out.

But every now and then, I come out of hiding and crave for him. So I order my favorite drink.

Thanks for the years spent together Jack Daniels. Can't believe I used to order Mai Tais before I met you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random