June 07, 2016

Me, Through your looking glass.

I have been perceived by various people to be many things at different points in my life. Some are complete contradictions and I sometimes wonder how much of an abstract I'd be if I pieced together all these various snippets everyone perceives me to be.

I have been told I was reserved, and on the other end of the spectrum recently someone told me I was a wildchild. Someone who saw both sides and could not reconcile the fact that both can exist in one person decided to ignore it altogether, sticking to his/her pre concieved notion of who I was.

I was told I can be extremely quiet, afraid to be heard that people forget I'm there and some days I never run out of things to say. Some days I long for adventure and cannot wait to jump on the next bus, boat or plane and others I refuse to leave the comforts that only snuggling under the covers can provide.

It would be easier to pin me down if I were just one consistent thing. Easier to grasp without my contradictions. Easier to love without the constant unravelling and rebuilding of who I am.

But at the end of the day, I'm just me, whoever that turns out to be.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random