May 23, 2016

Birthday Hits and Misses: Part 1

The celebration started on a Thursday night, with as much energy as I can muster after chasing deadlines and a few hours of overtime work. I headed to Kapitolyo for drinks and braved two hours worth of Metro Manila traffic.

We decided to cap it off after two drinks and I was ready to turn in for the night when my friend sent me a message asking if I wanted to have coffee. I said yes, and from there, things started to look up. As it turns out, my friends were trying to stalk were I was, went to the wrong restaurant and didn't give up until they found out where I was. They were ready with flowers, cakes, letters and the most thoughtful birthday gifts that I could use for my Australia vacation for the next two weeks.



These two girls are my constants. They always manage to save the day with their crazy antics and their thoughtful gestures. I don't know how I'd manage without them. Time and distance doesn't matter, they're always there for me, sometimes I don't even need to ask. More than the presents, I am so grateful for their presence in my life. All in all, it was a good way to start my birthday.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Excessively Random